We employ talented, knowledgeable people who are passionate about conserving our planet. Those who work for WWF are optimistic, engaging and determined to make a difference. Can you answer the call?
Work With Us
Consultancy service: Development of Community-based NTFPs enterprise in two pilot villages in Ta Oi and Samoui districts
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
A part-time consultant to lead: Development of Community-based NTFPs enterprise in two pilot villages in Ta Oi and Samoui districts
WWF is currently implementing a Community-based Forest Restoration and Management for Livelihood in 6 villages across Kaleum district, Sekong and Ta Oi, and Samoui in Saravan provinces. One component of the project is to provide financial and technical support to target villages so that they have the means to set up and operate community based-NTFP enterprise. Identified to develop into community enterprises-these include tiger grass, dried bamboo shoot, and honey “the products”, and find out how they can add value to their products.
Aim of consultancy
Through this consultancy, we aim to achieve the objectives below:
- A two day- workshop on Value Chain and Market Analysis is organized
- Value Chain and Market Analysis (VCA) of ‘the products’ is completed
- The community enterprise model and plan are developed through community consultation.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Hold a master or higher degree in social science research with extensive field experience in social surveys, preferably, a degree in marketing and business management, development studies, community development, or natural resources management.
- At least 5 years of practical experience in value chain and marketing assessment
- A very good understanding of the Laos market and preferences
- 5 years’ expertise in business development especially in the non-timber forest product sector
- Familiarity with the Lao policy on harvesting and trading of non-timber forest products
- Innovative and creative
- Proficiency in English and Lao.
Terms of Reference
Submission of applications
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following documents to Mr. Bounchanh Sakounnavong, Forest Coordinator (email@example.com)
- Proposed methodology (2 pages maximum)
- CV of main consultant(s)
- Financial proposal (excluding travel and accommodation costs, which will be covered by WWF)
Deadline for submission: 19 October 2020