Our vision is for 'Laos’ unique biodiversity, cultural diversity, ecosystems and the services they provide are maintained or enhanced and contribute to the sustainable development and wellbeing of Laos, the Greater Mekong region and the planet as a whole.” Find out more about WWF-Laos at: www.wwf.org.la
WWF-Laos’ Forest Programme is a key part of WWF Laos’ conservation strategy and aims at halting deforestation and ensuring Laos’ forests are effectively protected or under improved management and restoration using principles of sustainable forest management, certification schemes, value chain development, and the promotion of responsible forestry governance and trade. Under its Forest Programme, WWF started a new four-year (2022-2025) forest project “Forest Restoration for Climate Resilience and Development (FORRED).” The FORRED work covers two priority landscapes and supports building conservation programmes in these landscapes with other multi-disciplinary teams.
Position: Project Manager - Forest Restoration for Climate Resilience and Development Project
Based in: Pakse City, Champasack Province, Lao PDR
Gross monthly salary (est.): 18,780,000 LAK
The Project Manager is mainly responsible for the implementation of the Forest Restoration for Climate Resilience and Development (FORRED) and other assigned activities under Forest Practice. She/ he is responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of all project activities in respect to the donors’ agreement and MoUs, the harmony within the forest team and with the related other departments, liaising with the government counterparts for the daily coordination and for several important matters including MoUs, and managing all the program budget with efficiency and quality.
- Lead the development of annual and six/quarter-month work plans based on the project budget and project work plan;
- Work with financial staff for budget preparation ensuring the financial integrity and accountability of project budgets as well as closely monitor budget through preparing a financial reports on quarterly basis;
- Supervise implementation and monitoring activities as defined in the action plan to ensure that the project attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible;
- Report on activities’ implementation and project achievements to the Government counterpart at central, provincial, and districts following their requirements and in a timely fashion; prepare expenditure reports for donors and Government counterparts;
- Provide inputs to communications products/campaigns to ensure accurate information will be published to promote the image of the organization and project activities
- Be responsible of the performance appraisal for staff under her/his supervision;
- Act as trainer, facilitator, interpreter if required.
WWF-Laos offers you a 1-year contract with a possible extension.
How to apply: If you have the skills and experience and are interested in the position, please email your cover letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org citing in the subject line the position that you applied for, WWF-Laos’.
Deadline for applications: April 7, 2022.
WWF does not charge or accept a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.