Based in: Khong District, Champasak Province, Lao PDR.
The Project Assistant for Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA) provides technical support to the Siphandone Priority Site Coordinator/Project Manager in the planning, management, implementation, monitoring and reporting of project activities to ensure compliance with the project documents and WWF’s contractual obligations and ensure close collaboration between the project management, partners and relevant stakeholders in the project sites. His or her specific role in collaboration with local partners, supporting the process of EbA for climate change adaptation through nature-based solutions (NbS) funded by the projects in the target area, including preparation data collection tools, community training and coaching, establishing reference values and regularly reporting on these values.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Natural resource management, agriculture, conservation biology, environment, Fisheries or in relevant fields.
- Additional courses on Nature-based Solution/Ecosystem-based Adaptation, climate change adaptation and/or business administration is an advantage.
- Proven experience of working with the government officials, local communities.
- 3 years of practical experience, at least 2 years of which should be in related to this fields either with NGOs or bilateral development agencies.
- Knowledge of conservation, Nature-based Solution/Ecosystem-based Adaptation, climate change adaptation and natural resource management issues in Laos.
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Willing to learn and continue to learn.
- Striving to develop a sense of team with project staff and managers.
- Proven ability to work under minimum supervision and take initiative while keeping in check all relevant regulations and organization’s policies.
- Willing to travel to target districts in Champasak province and remote villages on a regular basis.
If you have the skills and experience and are interested in this position, please email your Cover Letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org citing in the subject line the position that you applied for, WWF-Laos’.
How to Apply:
Deadline for Applications: 22 December 2022
Thank you for being interested to be part of our panda family. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within six weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful for this role.
WWF does not charge or accept a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. We are an equal-opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.