Location: Based in Sayaburi 75% and 25% in Vientiane Capital, (Negotiable).
Open for: Only for Local National
Gross monthly salary: WWF-Laos offers competitive salary and benefits.
WWF-Laos is looking for a passionate Lao conservation professional to head up our work at the Nam Poui National Protected Area (hereafter NP). The NP is one of WWF-Laos’ 4 priority sites- up for consideration as an ASEAN heritage park, an important habitat for Asian elephants, gibbons, and a potential recovery site for tigers in Laos. The site also provides ecosystem services and vital other resources to 37 surrounding communities. WWF-Lao works with the Government and guardian communities to ensure the NP is managed effectively.
The NP Coordinator plays the lead role in the planning, coordination, and management of the WWF-Laos work in the NP. S/he is responsible for all aspects of this work, including the planning, management, financial, and administrative aspects of the NP projects. S/he organizes project execution consistent with programme objectives closely engaging national counterparts and building capacity and building a reputation for quality design and reliable delivery.
- Overall Project Management
- Strategy Development and Implementation
- Fundraising, Partnership Development, and Networking
- People Management
- Issue Resolutions
- Monitoring and Evaluation, Reporting
- Click HERE for a full Job Description
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in natural resources management, environmental or conservation management, development studies or relevant fields. Expertise in protected area management a strong asset.
- Qualification in project management and/or in monitoring and evaluation.
- 5 years of practical experience in leading and managing projects, particularly in protected areas and, 2 years of which in a related field.
- Proven experience of managing project budgets following expenditure plans.
- Good understanding of socio-economic, conservation and development issues in Laos and in the landscape.
- Good knowledge of PA and other related Laws. Knowledge of the policy/institutional context related to conservation and Government agencies, development partners, donor institutions, and the not-for-profit sector in the landscape.
- Excellent communication skills in Lao language and good command of both written and spoken English.
- Expertise and experience in implementing protected area management an advantage.
WWF-Laos can offer you a one-year contract duration, with possible extension with industry-leading benefits and salary packages and ample opportunity for professional development.
For more information on our work in Laos, please visit http://www.wwf.org.la
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates, please submit your application as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please email your application form which you can download it HERE, along with your CV/CL in English to email@example.com, citing in the subject line the position that you applied for.
Deadline for applications: Open until position is filled.
WWF does not charge or accept a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. We are an equal-opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.