The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world, active in almost 100 countries. Our mission is to stop the environmental degradation in the world and build a future where humans live in harmony with nature.
WWF has been a strong, credible and recognized global force in the world of conservation for the past half-century as we have strived to deliver on our mission of building a world where people live in harmony with nature. With our new 2021-2025 Strategic Plan, we aim at increasing our conservation impact by reducing direct threats to wildlife, forests, and freshwater ecosystems, addressing the indirect drivers of the threats, and by restoring wildlife and ecosystems, and by securing nature’s contribution to people.
The Grant and Admin Officer provides support to the finance and admin department in all grant and financial activities of WWF-Laos to ensure transparency, accuracy and trustworthiness and compliance with WWF applicable policies and procedures, memoranda, best practices and local legal requirements . In addition, S/He provides overall administrative and logistics support to WWF-Laos office for its regional hosting operation. Building strong relationship with government agencies and local organizations in order to attain the objectives of WWF-Laos.
Based in: Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR with extensive travel within the country.
As Grant and Admin Officer, you will:
- Effectively coordinate and manage a portfolio of existing grants to ensure WWF’s compliance with donor requirements
- Provide advice to programme staffs on the donor policies, obligations, and requirements, ensure that all new staff receive an adequate orientation to WWF grant management processes, awards, requirements, systems, tools, and donor compliance requirements that are relevant to the role.
- Supports the setting up and maintaining of a donor contract management tool to ensure real time and updated information sharing on donor contracts and compliance status.
- Ensure accurate and up to date information for all grants are readily available to line manager and management team in a structured way.
- In close coordination with programmatic sections and program finance officers, provide effective and efficient financial information to ensure that administrative and project expenditure are followed, re-forecasted when necessary and adequately reported.
- Assist in the development, monitoring, review and update of finance and accounting activity work plans.
- Provide technical guidance to managers, staff and provide support to field offices on all aspects of finance to ensure the compliance with finance policies and procedures, and legal requirement.
- Responsible in preparing the Interco AR-AP invoice and billings.
- Responsible in preparing call of funds to donors in the concept note development and full proposal development. Coordinate offices operational activities with utmost effectiveness and efficiency in line with applicable policies and procedures;
- Coordinate offices operational activities with utmost effectiveness and efficiency in line with applicable policies and procedures;
- Provide logistics support for meetings/workshops for regional operation hosting both core and as may be necessary;
- Liaise with Government to arrange the regional operation hosting permits, visa and work permits for expatriate staffs and visitors;
Your qualifications and demonstrable experience will include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting and Finance or equivalent degrees.
- Proficient in the English language both reading, listening and oral and written communication.
- Advance or excellent proficiency in MS Office and Office Management Systems.
- 5 years of practical experience in office administration management, logistics or similar relevant fields.
- Experience with INGOs admin and logistics is preferable.
- Strategic administrative skills – to function in effective and efficient manner that add operational value to the organization.
- Strong financial acumen – uses budgeting skills, sound and practical financial management, and accounting principles to successfully run the admin department at reasonable costs and best value of money.
- Excellent leadership ability – provides strong leadership to line managed, team-members and relevant staffs to ensure that established policies and procedures are followed.
- Communication skills – strong interpersonal skills to successfully work with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Writing skills – to write effective reports, letters, and other documents both in English, local and legal language.
- Ability to work well under pressure – to respond effectively to pressure and stress at work.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and able to work under minimum supervision.
WWF-Laos can offer you: Contract duration: initial 1 year with possible extension
Please note the compensation package will be aligned with local salary and benefits conditions, in line with our reward policy.
How to apply:
If you have the skills and experience and are interested in mobilization work in Laos, please email your cover letter and CV in English to email@example.com citing in the subject line ‘Grant and Admin Officer, WWF-Laos’.
Deadline for applications: April 5th 2021.
Thank you for interested to be part of our panda family. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within six weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful for this role.
WWF does not charge or accept a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.