All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What We Do:
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
We are looking for Forest Programme Officer for WWF-Greater Mekong, based in Vientiane, Laos.
- The Programme Officer provides technical, operational and communication support to the Regional Forest Program Manager (RFPM) under scope of WWF – IKEA partnership project in 4 countries of Thailand, Viet Nam, Laos and Cambodia as well as Greater Mekong Forest Programme.
- With regards to technical part, she/he will support the implementation of conservation intelligence work (forest trend, deforestation and forest degradation, land use and management, supply chain risk assessment etc.).
- With regards operational and communication part, she/he will collect data and process into info graphic and develop project snapshot progress reports as well as prepare short case studies and stories for communication. She/he also plays a role to maintain and upload project results onto the project webpage/SharePoint; help RFPM with effective communication with donors & partners as well as provide logistics support when regional training and meetings/workshops organized.
Key Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree on Forest and/or Natural Resources Management,
- At least 3 years working with NGO as project or program support either with community engagement and development or monitoring & evaluation (M&E) or communication.
- At least 2 years’ experience with NGO in working on the development of communication materials.
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect & Integrity.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviors in ways of working: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, Innovate Fearlessly;
- Adheres to WWF’s brand values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to Apply:
The detailed terms of references are attached below. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English, naming the files: Full name - CV/CL, and scan/photo of relevant diplomas/certificates.
Please send your application to email@example.com stating in the subject line: GM Programme Officer - Full Name.
The deadline is June 9th, 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce."