Based in: Salavan Office, Lao PDR.
Gross monthly salary: WWF Laos offers competitive salary and benefits.
The Finance Officer provides support to the Chief Accountant and Priority Site Coordinator in all financial requirements of the project to ensure transparency, accuracy, and compliance with WWF Greater Mekong economic systems, policies, and procedures as well as local legal requirements:
Main roles and Responsibilities:
- Data entry according to the ORACLE system following steps and timelines as guided by the regional finance team as well as line manager.
- Assist in the development, monitoring, review and update of project finance and accounting activity work plans.
- Provide technical guidance, training, coaching to project staff, project partners and Government counterparts on all aspects of finance to ensure compliance with finance policies and procedures, and legal requirements.
- Support the Project Manager to prepare and manage third party contracts following the organisation’s and legal requirements, procedures on contracts.
- Support the management of contracts and keep line manager informed of the closing date and follow up with extension.
- Reconciliation and review monthly Trial Balance and check ledgers, statements and accounts to identify errors and take any necessary corrective action, inform line manager of complex items.
- Review and import project financial data into ORACLE.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to the Project Manager.
- Ensure staffs submit time sheets, and maintain the monitoring sheets of the project up to date (e.g. prepayments, outgoing contracts).
- Record daily transactions, prepare the interco AR-AP invoice and billings and prepare calls for funds.
- Ensure proper filling of all original finance-related documents at the field office and regularly upload them into the online monitoring system.
- All others are assigned as may be necessary for fulfilling the departmental functions, especially in peak reporting seasons and tight deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting, Business Management, Business Administration, or in relevant fields.
- 3 years of working experience in finance and accounting administration, and auditing, particularly in budgeting, with international NGOs or WWF Laos is desirable.
- Proficiency in accounting software (Oracle) is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of local finance and accounting systems and laws and regulations.
- Basic knowledge of international finance and accounting standards.
- Advanced or excellent proficiency in MS Excel functions.
- Good understanding of finance and accounting practices in INGOs in Laos.
- Demonstrate good command in English both written and verbal communication.
WWF Laos can offer you: Contract duration: an initial 1 year with possible extension. Please note the compensation package will be aligned with local salary and benefits conditions, in line with our reward policy.
How to Apply:
Please email your application form which you can download from this link https://www.wwf.org.la/about/work_with_us/, cover letter, and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org citing in the subject line the position that you applied for.
Deadline for Applications: 13 January 2023
WWF does not charge or accept a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. We are an equal-opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.