The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world, active in almost 100 countries. Our mission is to stop the environmental degradation in the world and build a future where humans live in harmony with nature.
WWF has been a strong, credible, and recognized global force in the world of conservation for the past half-century as we have strived to deliver on our mission of building a world where people live in harmony with nature. With our new 2021-2025 Strategic Plan, we aim at increasing our conservation impact by reducing direct threats to wildlife, forests, and freshwater ecosystems, addressing the indirect drivers of the threats, and by restoring wildlife and ecosystems, and securing nature’s contribution to people.
The Finance Officer provides support to the Project in all financial requirements of the project to ensure transparency, accuracy, and compliance with WWF Laos and Greater Mekong financial systems, policies, and procedures as well as local legal requirements.
Based in: Kayson District, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR with extensive travel within the country.
As Finance Officer, you will:
- Data entry according to the ORACLE system following steps and timelines as guided by the regional finance team as well as line manager;
- Assist in the development, monitoring, review, and update of project finance and accounting activity work plans;
- Provide technical guidance, training, coaching to project staff, project partners, and Government counterparts on all aspects of finance to ensure compliance with finance policies and procedures and legal requirements;
- Support the Project Manager and Landscape Lead to prepare and manage third party contracts following the organization’s and legal requirements, procedures on contracts;
- Support the management of contracts and keep line manager informed of the closing date and follow up with extension;
- Reconciliation and review monthly Trial Balance and check ledgers, statements, and accounts to identify errors and take any necessary corrective action, inform line manager of complex items;
- Review and import project financial data into ORACLE;
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to the Project Manager and Landscape Lead;
- Ensure staffs submit timesheets, and maintain the monitoring sheets of the project up to date (e.g. prepayments, outgoing contracts);
- Record daily transactions, prepare the Interco AR-AP invoice and billings, and prepare calls for funds;
- Ensure proper filling of all original finance-related documents at the field office and regularly upload them into the online monitoring system;
- All others assigned as may be necessary for fulfilling the departmental functions especially in peak reporting seasons and tight deadlines.
Your qualifications and demonstrable experience will include:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting, Business Management, Business Administration, or in relevant fields;
- 3 years of working experience in finance and accounting administration, particularly in budgeting, with international NGOs is desirable;
- Proficiency in accounting software (Oracle) is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of local finance and accounting systems and laws and regulations;
- Basic knowledge of international finance and accounting standards;
- Advanced or excellent proficiency in MS Excel functions.
- Good understanding of finance and accounting practices in INGOs in Laos
- Demonstrate good command in English both written and verbal communication.
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Courage, Collaboration, Respect, and Integrity.
WWF-Laos can offer you: Contract duration of an initial 1 year with a possible extension. Please note the compensation package will be aligned with local salary and benefits conditions, in line with our reward policy.
How to apply:
If you have the skills and experience and are interested in Finance work in WWF Laos based in Savannakhet Province, please email your cover letter and CV in English to:
firstname.lastname@example.org citing in the subject line ‘Finance Officer Freshwater Landscape, WWF-Laos’.
Deadline for applications: December 24, 2021.
Thank you for interested to be part of our panda family. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within six weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful for this role.
WWF does not charge or accept a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.